The MEP Coordinator will lead the effort in coordinating, scheduling, and managing the MEP trades and their associated subcontractors. The MEP Coordinator will work with the project team to ensure successful completion of all MEP trade work. The MEP Coordinator reports directly to the Director of MEP Construction.
- Take overall responsibility for the performance and quality control of all MEP trades. This includes, but is not limited to the following scope of work: Mechanical, Plumbing, Medical Air, Vac and Gas, Ductwork, Building Controls, Electrical, Fire Alarm, Nurse Call, Tele/Data, AV, Security, Site Utilities and Fire Protection.
- Manage and lead MEP subcontractors from contract award through project close out.
- Implement and manage the P. Agnes MEP coordination process to resolve all conflicts prior to start of installations. May involve the use of Autocad, Revit, and Navisworks.
- Prior to installation, review shop drawings and submittals for compliance and completeness.
- Participate in the cost review and change order process as it relates to the MEP trades. Assists the Project Manager as necessary in estimating change orders.
- Review all pay requests from MEP subcontractors and ensure that they are proper and timely.
- Provide scheduling input to the project team as it relates to the MEP trades.
- Coordinate onsite MEP activities, materials procurement, and other related activities with Project Manager and Field Staff.
- Communicate progress and prepare appropriate reports as needed and requested.
- Troubleshoot and assist in the resolution of field installation issues.
- Coordinates the installation of owner provided equipment as it relates to the MEP trades.
- Monitors the installation and start-up of MEP systems and commissioning of project with Engineer & Owner.
- Coordinate and manage the owner training process.
- Manage the close out process for the MEP trades.
- Maintain good relationships with co-workers, vendors, subcontractors, owners, engineers and architects
- Attend weekly meetings with owners, architects and subcontractors. Chair additional meetings with the MEP subcontractors as necessary.
- Fluency and familiarity of all contract documents.
Job Location Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Company Industry Construction & Building
Company Type Unspecified
Job Role Engineering
Employment Type Full Time Employee
Monthly Salary Range Unspecified
Number of Vacancies Unspecified
Years of Experience Min: 10 Max: 12