The Housekeeping Supervisor is responsible for the operational efficiency of all housekeeping areas and the service delivery of those areas within budgeted guidelines.
- Supervise the implementation of housekeeping standards and procedures in relation to:
- Bedroom service
- Bathroom service
- Valet service
- Cleaning service
- Linen maintenance
Recommended changes to these standards and training needs on an ongoing
- Maintain a current and thorough knowledge of all housekeeping systems.
- Assign tasks/rooms to the Housekeeping staff and show presence on the ‘floors’.
- Ensure maintenance of the equipment used by the employees and ensure that it is cleaned and stored correctly.
- Ensure that all vacuuming, polishing, carpet care, general cleaning is done in a professional manner and according to established schedules.
- Open and close the shift and ensure effective shift hand over.
- Prioritise arrival rooms.
- Liaise with Front Office for guest and hotel requirements.
- Ensure guest valet is processed and delivered in a timely manner.
- Co-ordinate special projects (e.g. site rooms, vermin control, window and carpet cleaning, room inventories)
- Manage all special requests made by guests
- Ensure consistency within the department
- Manage lost property for the hotel
Desired Skill & Expertise:
- Minimum 2 years experience in the same role in a 4/5* hotel.
- Friendly, polite, and courteous nature.
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment.
- Flexibility to respond to a range of various work situations.